New Mama

Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Shopping Blues

What on earth was I thinking? Why did I think shopping for jeans would actually make me feel better??? Thank goodness for Baby Einstein. The book kept Hope semi-entertained. Hope had two big falls. The first was out of the infant carrier, head first on the floor. The second was, well, I don't remember how she had that one, actually. I know my hubby and I were both embarrassed. I guess if she makes it through the day with only two big falls, we're doing good.

Prayer of Praise!!! For TWO nights in a row, I repeat, TWO Hope has not only slept through the night, she kept herself entertained when she woke up!!! I am so happy! That's a bigger milestone, to me. *Hopefully* that will mean no more night time feedings!!!

As for the new Britney Spears issue, I commend the sculptor. I think we should be honoring the pregnant body, in any way possible. The photos of the stars nude and pregnant, or just pregnant, reinforce that there is a life there. Sure, in this case, it is practically born, but so are the babies who are killed in third-trimester abortions (does the term partial-birth not resonate with anyone? How thick can you get?)

Speaking of abortion, health classes should read the book Tilly by Frank pretty. It would never pass, but people really should read it. I'm performing the play right now, and it is truly moving. The play touches that the abortion was performed by a married mother of three partly-grown children. It steers clear of the helpless rape or incest victim the media feeds us. Most Americans feel in drastic cases, abortion should be legal, I agree, but that's not why most are performed. That disturbs me. Okay, soapbox here, I'll leave it.... Point is, kids need to know why people have abortions, and that it does not have to be your only way out.

Wow, I just realized how much I wrote. It's amazing how my mood is improved when I have a full night sleep. Sadly, laundry is calling my name...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home